The farm is good. We are preparing for being back in Australia for 2 months, so finding workers, planting the rice, fertilising everything we can and finishing off buildings. I''l try to upload some photos soon.
There has been so much going on the past 2 months, that I don't think I could even remember it all let alone bore you with the details. But here are a few highlights:
- Our girl has started hair school and she is rocking it!
- We may be becoming guardians of 1-3 teenage boys soon.
- All the kids we are helping have no or minimal ID - so please pray for favour.
- I've planted SRI rice - an organic and different way of planting rice that should increase our crops, but int he meantime makes me the laughingstock of the local Thai's.
- The pig is hopefully pregnant and should be due the day we fly to Australia.
- We have run our first Staff Team Building day at the farm for Destiny Rescue staff, and are looking to run more in the future.
- John is making excellent relationships withe the local town, and is being a real blessing to the poorer households.
- Our car got T-boned by a drunk man on a motorbike while we were driving home, so it is now unroadworthy.
- We were able to tap into a local water pipe so we will have enough water for our animals and vegetables in the dry season.
- We are fixing the earthquake bathroom and are attempting to make it into a rammed earth/glass bottle bathroom. With a squat AND a sit toilet. Moving up in the would - one bucket of dirt at a time.
- We've had some serious spiritual and emotional attacks on our family the past 6 months or so and we are finally seeing some breakthrough.